2015 Rochester Movie Makers Open Auditions
What: Filmed open auditions for Summer Short Film Productions
When: Saturday, May 2, 2015, 9:00am to 2:00pm
Where: Wilhelmina Rochester, 235 Alexander Street, Rochester, NY
Rochester Movie Makers members will be shooting several short- and feature-length films this spring and summer. To assist in casting these films, RMM is working with Wilhelmina Rochester to host open actor auditions for these filmmakers on Saturday, May 2, 2015 from 9:00am to 3:00pm at their offices on Alexander Street in Rochester.
Wilhelmina Rochester is the area’s premiere talent agency, and was established with the goal of providing a professional management resource for both experienced and new talent. Principle offices are located in Rochester, New York with market presences in Albany, Buffalo and Syracuse. For more information on Wilhelmina Rochester, including Wilhelmina Evolve Studios, the agency’s full service, on-site training division, visit www.wilhelminarochester.com.
Those auditioning will also have the opportunity to meet with experienced Wilhelmina Evolve Studios instructors and RMM Board Members to have their audition evaluated.
At the open auditions, script sides will be available for every age group and gender, but prepared monologues will also be accepted. Watch this space for AUDITION SIDES to download and prepare with.
APPOINTMENTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO ENSURE AN AUDITION TIME, BUT NOT MANDATORY.
WALK-INS ARE WELCOME IF TIME PERMITS.
TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT, CALL WAYNE AT (585) 305-3692
Each film project is an independent production being shot locally between May and August. Auditions will be videotaped and made available to the filmmakers. Most projects are made with low and very-low budgets, so actors are typically paid in food and experience only. For more information on RMM Summer Shorts, visit www.RochesterMovieMakers.org/summershorts.
Sides for auditioning actors
- SILVER CHALICE (zipped PDFs)
Sci-fi drama by Shawn Essler
- ASSORTED SIDES for a variety of ages, male and female (zipped PDFs)
“Silver Chalice” by Shawn Essler – characters and description
- ELENA (20s) – A student of psychology, over-excitable, motivated, and consumed with success
- MELANIE (20s) – Obsessive, headstrong. Melanie has created a procedure that restores lost memory, which she has performed on herself. Melanie starts with no memory, which she struggles to regain throughout the script
- ANDREW (20S) – A med student, Andrew is detail-oriented, a bit awkward and nebbish, easy to dismiss.